Tips for Making Your First Podcast
At lot of internet marketing guru’s are masters of all the different ways to produce media. So I have been writing, I have made a couple video’s so I figured I would try and do a couple podcast just to see what it would be like. One of my favorites Yaro Starak one of the best collections of free interviews and podcast about internet marketing and success stories available online.
One of the 1st set of Podcast that I listened to was Steve Pavlina over a year ago. Steve was a computer game coder that decided he was going to become a motivational speaker a couple years ago. His podcasts are pretty good I suggest you also check these out.
- Just do it. Find something that records click record and do it.
- Listen back to yourself. When listening figure out what you don’t and do like make note of it. I know I tent to clear my throat and say ummmm or ahhh. THIS IS BAD break that happen if you have one.
- Make sure it is quite and not windy if outside. Elimate background noise.
- Plan with bullets or an outline, if you do this and you get lost for words you can quickly look at your notes look for the next topic you wanted to cover.
- Tell a Story. People love stories, especially success stories.
Now I went straight from the hip on my 1st one and I was actually painting my deck at the same time but wanted to just see what I sounded like and I was really impressed with the results. I wasn’t even sure where to begin and you can see cause I talk about how crappy my podcast is cause I didn’t have a plan but I quickly pulled it together and got my some great thought out of my head.
Now I have been listening to guru’s and other motivational speaks for a long time so maybe everything the have said came right back out of my month but now it is my version of the story.
It will take a lot of energy to talk straight for more then 10 or 20 minutes so know that going in but you can hit pause or play but make sure you talk in some solid chunks of 8-20 minutes or it might be hard to piece together if need be.
Learn from your mistakes, we all make mistakes, lets face it your 1st podcast is not going to be great but you might as well get that out of the way cause the just keep getting better from there.
My 1st podcast is available here
Please listen to it and let me know what you think. I know the quality is a little low so I will work on that for the next ones this was done on my mp3 player outside while I was painting my deck so it is not studio quality. In this 22 minute podcast I cover a lot of different things but really it is about me, my business and Internet Marketing tips and tools I discovers this last month which is really the month were everything started to click for me. There is a lot of value in this to someone that is either just starting out stuck with there blog or business.
Here is a list of title’s I was thinking of calling this so you can get a idea of what it is about.
- My Crappy 1st Pod Case
- The Pod Cast about Crap
- How to make a Crappy Podcast
- Do I sound like Frank Kern?
- IT Guru unloads his thought’s on his 1st 3 months of building an online business.
- Blogging when things start to click
Seriously this is a really good podcast, you should listen to it if you want to learn more about the key rookie mistakes I made. Along with the some of the things I figured out. I have starter down the path to building my online business and there is no turning back now.
Warning the this raw, unedited, unscripted, unplanned but great stuff. If you want to get to know me better listen to this and tell me what you think.
Please I would really like to here your thought on if this as I a plan to do more.
- John Reese Sucess Stories with Anthony Robbins
- My 1st Phone Interview – A Real Life Success Story
- June Update Month 3 Starting to Make Progress
- Making Money Selling Other People’s Products
- Blog Redesign Part 2 (Blog Content)