Free Blog Review – John Tanner
1st I want to say thanks to John for taking advantage of my free offer I currently have to do a quick video review of your site. I will not be doing this forever so if your interested in having an IT Guru look at your site I would advise you sign up at the end of this post. I figure I will do about 9 more of these.
Important get Someone Else’s Opinion of your Blog or Site!
It is always good to have another set of eye’s look at your site. I been in web development for a large corporation for about last 5 years and have gone thought many usability studies for the sites I manage. You must always remember to wear the hat of the user/customer. You want to make sure you site is clean loads fast and has a clear call to action and navigation.
What happens is that you become so familiar with your site that you for don’t see it thought the eyes of a 1st time visitor. Your really need to stop and look at your site that way from time to time. The 1st time visitors are the most important as you want them to come back and not get scared away.
Remember no ones blog is ever perfect. I know I have a list of stuff that I need to work on it will all happen with time and effort. But then I will think of more stuff I can improve on what you want to do is prioritize and work on the stuff that really matters or has the biggest impact for your time.
On to the Review.
John Tanner is a newbie who just got started less then a month ago and asked for a little advice. John is also complaining about information overload. This is common just remember work on traffic. Do actions that will help get and keep traffic. Without traffic there is no point once you have it then figure out what you want them to do. Make sure you plan your week or month or you be spinning your wheels.
- Site Appears Clean
- Loads Fast
- Regular Posting – This is Key continue
Area’s of improvement:
- About Page – You will find that a lot of people visit your about page you want to spend some time on it and make sure it is solid. At least you have one I didn’t even have one till last month. Look at mine I am pretty happy with it. http://themoneycult.com/about or check out some guru sites like Yaro Starak. He also has an excellent post on how to make an about page.
- Your RSS button are broke, not configured. Should be a setting in WordPress for your theme to paste in the right url.
- Change admin tag on your post to your name
- Side Bar needs work
- No Opt-in – you will need a list everyone says start day one I strongly recommend Aweber everyone uses it and loves it. Very easy to use find something to give away in exchange for e-mail.
John, keep plugging away connect with others and stay at it. Remember you eat an elephant one bite at a time.
Best of luck!
Would you like to have your site reviewed and featured like John.
Sign up here!
- John Reese Sucess Stories with Anthony Robbins
- Month 6 Internet Marketing Blog Business Recap and Review
- Month 8 Internet Marketing Blog Business Recap and Review
- What’s Your Blog Strategy Part 2
- Month 5 Internet Marketing Blog Business Recap and Review