My 1st Phone Interview – A Real Life Success Story

Everyone this it probably my biggest accomplishment to date with this blog.  I can’t tell you exactly when I 1st started listening to business interviews, podcast and audio books but I am a huge fan of audio and listening to people teach and tell their story.  You can really learn so much from listening to real people, telling real stories about real experiences.

One of the things that really appealed to me on Yaro Stark’s site was his podcast and interviews.  I started going thought all of his podcast about 9 months ago I said I to myself I can do that.  So last month I made goal to do to my 1st interview.   Doug Dillard – Making Money Online Interview  After I did that I also made it goal to make this a habit.  So from here on out I will strive to do one quality interview per month.

Please after you listen to this let me know what you think as I really plan to more of this and could learn a lot from your feedback.

[podcast]http://content.screencast.com/users/TheMoneyCult/folders/PodCast/media/0c8fec28-967e-4fa0-a04a-7b0c9df9b1b2/RealLifeSuccessStoryInterview.mp3[/podcast]

Internet Marketing Success Storykeller

So here is what I got a for everyone I landed the 1st ever phone interview of Keller Hawthorne of fresheventure.com.  In addition to this being her 1st Interview and Podcast this was also my 1st time doing a real recorded call.  No worries everyone somehow we pulled this off and ended up with almost an hour of quality tips, advice and real stories that EVERYONE can learn something from.  This is a fine example of going out and taking ideas from blogs that you like and then figuring out how to do them on your own blog.

If you haven’t hear visited her blog before you should I must say I was instantly impressed by the content and just how well everything is organized, laid out and delivered.   Great things are coming for this one no doubt.

I thank Keller for spending the time with me and giving me this opportunity learn something new. I can’t tell you the value that you get when you can get inside the head of someone that has been running business online for over 4 years.

Here is a few quick things you should know about Keller Hawthorne.

I can already tell you 2 weeks after reading and using tactic’s from her free e-book my organic traffic starting to grow!

What’s in the interview.  A lot. I can’t even begin to tell you all that we covered.  So your going to listen to it but some of the key things are.

• Her turning point yes she struggled for a while.
  • The Importance of Keyword and organic traffic
  • How to deal with crap and information overload
  • Make sure you do your work then move on to learning
  • How she connected with John Chow, Yaro Stark, and Gilden Shalwick
  • Here experience with Blog Mastermind and Become a Blogger Student,
  • The importance of learning so you can grow your business.
  • What she would do if she only had 10 hours a week to spend on her business
  • What’s going on with fresheventure.com and here Best WordPress Design 2009 contest

BTW-Vote for THEMONEYCULT if you haven’t voted yet CLICK HERE
HELP me WIN a membership to Yaro’s course Smile

If you enjoyed this please let myself and Keller know by commenting here.  I am pretty sure if I get enough positive feedback I can arrange another one of these calls.

Also if you could take a minute and bookmark or tweet this I really think this is a story that really needs to be shared!

Related posts:

1. Easy Podcasts How to Guide Part 1
  2. Easy Podcasts How to Guide Part 2
  3. Doug Dillard – Making Money Online Interview
  4. John Reese Sucess Stories with Anthony Robbins
  5. What’s Your Blog Strategy Part 2

Tags: , , , ,

29 Responses to “My 1st Phone Interview – A Real Life Success Story”

1. bbrian017 says:

I just love Keller, not the type of love that should bring up suspicion or worry but the type of love that shows respect, integrity and personality.

When I first meet her Jared similar to you I was immediately in awe with her blog design and content within her website. She’s truly an inspiration to all blogger and has so much to share with us.

I’m not sure if you noticed she also proudly supports the blog engage image in her footer :) I thought that was a really human and unique thing to do seeing she doesn’t even use the site. It was just refreshing to see that kind of support.

I like when Keller mentioned how blogging is like building connections and she’s so right. Blog Engage didn’t really start growing until I start my SEO blog. People seen I blogged learned about blogengage and started using the service.

I’m sorry I couldn’t listen to it all but I will finish when I get home from work. I left off with the learning questions right after the keywords discussions. To be honest I didn’t expect it to be so long.
    bbrian017´s last blog ..Blog Engage Blog Forum Active Topics and Discussions My ComLuv Profile

2. LetUpdate says:

Here again, i read something good about Keller. And I agree about what you write in this article. Keller already make a good story in internet world.
    LetUpdate´s last blog ..My First Web Hosting Problem Experience My ComLuv Profile

3. Awesome interview. Sounds like you 2 had fun with the interview which always makes a great interview. :)
    Deneil Merritt´s last blog ..Membership Site Update My ComLuv Profile

4. Brian – you’re so funny! I know what you mean and it means a lot to me.

Jared and I did have a lot of fun with this interview – seemed like we could have gone on for another hour. Thank you so much the opportunity Jared!
    Keller Hawthorne´s last blog ..The Money Cult Picked My Brain – Listen to My First Phone Interview! My ComLuv Profile

5. Josh H says:

Nice interview Brian. I commented on Keller’s blog about how success comes from planning and implementing the things that she was taught from Yaro and Gideon.

I chose the route of SEO from the begging with my blog, and have seen better results doing it that way.

I like hearing stories of real people having success with their online business strategies. Keep giving out good stuff. I really liked this podcast! It helps keep me motivated. :-)
    Josh H´s last blog ..Are You Mixing Business With Personality My ComLuv Profile

6. Greg Ellison says:

It was a very good interview. What Deneil said it sounds like you guys had a really good time. Both of you keep up the great work. Greg Ellison
    Greg Ellison´s last blog ..Cross Country Movers My ComLuv Profile

7. earningstep says:

two words.. awesome and great .. this is what i thought
    earningstep´s last blog ..Five easiest ways to make money with facebook – make money with facebook My ComLuv Profile

8. Great interview. Keep up the good work. I enjoyed hearing about how Keller made it to where she is today.

One recommendation – you should post it so that we can download it and listen to on our mp3 players :)

Keep up the good work!
    Leslie, The Freebie Guy´s last blog ..How to Use Screenr My ComLuv Profile

• Jared Little says:

Thanks, yes I will update this with a download link I was hoping to have it out their. But didn’t want to delay getting this out.

I was having trouble figuring it out. Still learning :-)

Going to try to spend some time this weekend trying to add it.

Oh just had an (Idea)? I know I add a aweber opt-in and auto send it to if you sign up to my list. That should only take a few minutes.

9. This is amazing to know about Keller. The interview was amazing… and it was really exhilarating to hear. I am sure you might have more exhilaration doing the interview than I felt listening to it.
    Ravi@Make Quick Money´s last blog ..Successful Marketing With Micro-Blogging My ComLuv Profile

10. Greg Ellison says:

Are you going to do a post on how you did the interview? What kind of programs you used. Thanks Greg Ellison
    Greg Ellison´s last blog ..Panama City vacation rentals My ComLuv Profile

11. @Greg Ellison
    You know me I like to share.

I still don’t quite like the way I am posting the Podcast I wanted to have a download link also and once I have more when a player like on Yaro’s site. But I do have a great way to do recorded calls that is free and easy and I will share alone with he whole process of getting interviews very soon.

12. Tony says:

Brian,

Your interview with Keller was VERY useful when you allowed her to talk. Your additions and comments about you were NOT value add. Sorry to say this but you need to hear it. In the future, please focus on your guest, ask them questions, listen, and ask more questions. This way you will avoid diluting the content with a stream of consciousness about your own newbie problems!

Best Wishes for Your Success,
    Tony

13. Tony, it Jared not Brian.

Thanks for the constructive criticism I thought the exact same thing when I 1st listened to it the 1st time. A couple times I did cut her off. I actually listened to this myself and took some notes on where I can improve this was on of the areas. I will improve on this in the next one.

I think some dialog on my side is ok but really need to limit it. Need to make sure I am ready for the next question or topic as at one point I was lose my focus and had to scramble. Your right I need to work on being a better listener, and remember it all about the person I am interviewing.

Overall thought I must say I was happy with it being her and my 1st interview of this type. We were both very nervious and this was the 1st time we ever talked overall the feedback has been great.

14. Jared,

I sent you an email last night. I loved the interview, it was really great content as I am starting a blog and it convinced me that I should be publishing the interviews for my new blog (that is launching next week) in audio in stead of writing them out.

Did you have to edit the audio or was it just raw?

Can’t wait to see more!

Chris

15. [...] record button and feeling comfortable enough to publish it.  I decided to write this because after last weeks interview I received some comments and e-mails asking if I would share how I did it.  I had planned to do [...]

16. Cynthia says:

Great Interview! Keep up the good work

17. Brad Harmon says:

Jared,

Congratulations on landing the first phone interview with Keller! Very savvy. I am sure there are many that are wondering why they did not think of it first.

Keller has such a wonderful way of providing valuable content with the authority of a guru while being able to make you feel like you are just chatting with her.

You asked some great questions and the hour seemed to end too quickly.

Looking forward to your next interview.

18. I think you both did a great job, the interview was long yet I remained engaged the entire time. Keller sure is one to watch!

Good luck with the comp Jared, I’ve entered too and, like you, have seen benefits just from simply entering so anything more would be icing on the cake. :)
    Michelle Adams´s last blog ..Kreativ Blogger Award My ComLuv Profile

19. Jared Little says:

@Michelle Adams
    Good luck to you also in the contest. I was a really good move on my part even if I don’t win fresheventure lead my referal traffic this month. No doubt cause of this interview which wouldn’t have happen if I never entered the contest.

20. Really such moment are unforgettable. The interview was really awesome.

21. [...] really like to say I like the direction my blog is moving in.  I very pleased about the how the interview went with Keller Hawthorne from FreshEVenture.  I am going to focus more this month on doing interviews.  I think they go [...]

22. Brad Harmon says:

Jared,

It would be interesting to know what the traffic was for this post. I would assume that you saw a nice spike due to it as Keller has such great traffic on her site.

Brad
    Brad Harmon´s last blog ..Blog Walking: The Shameless Self-Promoter Keller Hawthorne (1/3) My ComLuv Profile

23. [...] can listen to the interview, My 1st Phone Interview – A Real Life Success Story, on Jared’s site.  It’s a great interview.  It was also a great win-win situation, [...]

24. Brad Harmon says:

Jared,

Just wanted to let you know that I mentioned you and this interview in my latest post. It really was a great interview, and I am still thinking about it almost 2 months later!

Brad
    Brad Harmon´s last blog ..Blog Walking: The Shameless Self-Promoter Keller Hawthorne (3/3) My ComLuv Profile

25. Libraries receive many applications for an open position and most of them look very good on paper. Phone interviews are used to screen and narrow the candidate pool and then determine who to bring in for in-person interviews.

26. on the A Real Life Internet Marketing success story | The Money Cult subject, One of the best companies that provides this kind of service can be found on the Internet. They can get the job done. When looking for the service provider make sure you go over all the features that companies list the can provide and go with the one that has the most of what you need with the best proven record of getting the numbers that you need.

27. vagi says:

thank you very much for sharing these great information.

Im very intersting in reading.
    Coming back soon.
    Thanks.

28. Bravo says:

I would also like to share my story of success with OctaFX broker as I started trading with almost nothing in my hand but slowly with their support and help I made it up great balance. I started with their 8 USD no deposit bonus which I use without any restriction on added conditions so that really allowed me to be fearless and trade how I was capable of while even withdrawing the profits was not difficult with some conditions and instant payment system.