How Important are Blog Comments?
When I 1st started this blog I remember when I 1st got some blog comments I was very stoked and I still enjoy it and check daily for new comments. Lately I haven’t been as focused on leaving comments as I was the last couple months and my refer traffic has dropped because of it. So that why I am writing today about comments.
Leaving Blog Comments
Most of us spend time reading other blogs. It is important that you leave comments for a couple reasons.
- Leaving comments on other blogs can start a new relationship with other bloggers.
- Leaving comments can create back links which result in refer traffic
- Leaving comments let others know your thoughts
Now before I go to far make sure if you leaving comments that they have some value. Don’t just put nice post. Take a minute to tell the author why something you like or agree or disagree with in the post. Better yet ask the author a deeper question around the post. Open a conversation.
Also make sure to you have a gravatar. I keep seeing more and more people without a gravatar. I am not saying don’t comment if you don’t have one but take a 5 minutes and setup an account here it is really easy and a must do if you haven’t.
What about Comments on your Blog
It is important that you get comments on your blog. This helps for a couple reason.
- Your comments encourages me and give me purpose.
- It lets me here your thoughts
- It gives you a chance to voice your thoughts
- I have made it a habit it to visit your site and return the favor
- Another thing you want to make sure to do is reply back to the comments that are left on your blog. This helps with getting more comments and repeat comments. It shows that you not just posting but more involved with your audience. If you look at all the pro blogger they make sure to drop in and reply to at least to a couple of the comments on almost ever post.
- Some people reply to every comment some only a few. The point is you need to make sure your reading your comments and encouraging the conversation. I make it a point to check all my comments you may also get some questions so this is another good habit to get in to so you can respond. Reading like to know that your engaged.
Blog Comments Very Important
To wrap this up blog comments are very important part of your blog you want to make sure you are encouraging commenting by asking questions to your readers.
- So everyone let me hear you how important do you think comments are and why?
- How often to you comment on other blogs?
Do you reply to comments on your own blog?
I make sure to at least focus one night a week on power commenting on other blogs. I also comment throughout the week as I read other blogs and check in on my blog.
- What Your Blog Strategy? Part 1
- What’s Your Blog Strategy Part 2
- Quality Blog Post vs. Blah Blah Blah
- Reader Pulse – Share Your Blog Advice
- Blog Engage Must Read For Bloggers!